Hancock Library Board of Trustees
Minutes January 28, 2010
Present: Laurie Bryan, Mary Garland, Amy Markus, Peter Ryner
Secretary's Report: The minutes of the December 23, 2009 meeting were approved.
Treasurer's Report: The Treasurer's report was approved.
1. Amy provided an update of her discussions with Bank of America representatives regarding the reallocation of Library trust funds and the Board formally approved a new proposed portfolio that is more conservative than that which the bank first proposed.
2. The Board requested that Amy again direct the bank to set up a separate account for the Walter Clarke funds, and that those funds be invested to duplicate how the larger Library trust fund would be invested, except that no bonds would be included, as stipulated in Mr. Clarke's gift.
3. Amy provided a schedule of February library activities.
4. The Board reviewed and approved a draft 2009 annual report.
5. Amy reported that the Library building was included as part of an energy audit of Town buildings, and that the findings of that study could be included as part of a larger Library Capital Improvement Program.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for 1:00 pm on Wednesday, February 27.
Submitted by Peter Ryner