The New Hampshire State Council on the Arts is pleased to announce that this summer several New Hampshire museums are participating in “Blue Star Museums,” a partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and the military family support network Blue Star Families.
“Blue Star Museums” offers free admission to active duty military—including active duty Reserve and active duty National Guard—and their immediate family members. The program runs from Memorial Day, May 31, through Labor Day, September 6, 2010. Participating New Hampshire museums include:
* American Independence Museum, Exeter
* Currier Museum of Art, Manchester
* The Frost Place, Franconia
* New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord
* Poore Farm Homestead, Stewartstown
* Remick Country Doctor Museum, Tamworth
* Seacoast Science Center, Rye
* Strawbery Banke, Portsmouth
Other museums may join the program throughout the summer. The State Arts Council will keep a list of participants on its website, www.nh.gov/nharts. More than 600 museums in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are taking part in the initiative; for a list of participants nationwide, visit www.arts.gov/bluestarmuseums.