Hancock Library Trustees Minutes
July 24, 2013
Present: Peter Ryner, Mary Garland, Laurie Bryan, Amy Markus, Eric Spitzbarth
Carpet: Discussion continued on new carpet vs. putting some area rugs down that cover the stains. We’ll experiment with some area rugs from Ocean State Job Lot.
Cardoza Carpet will replace carpet on stairs.
Minutes from June 12, 2013 were approved.
Treasurer’s reports for May and June 2013 were approved.
- Infocenter computer system needs to be replaced since it is very outdated and no longer provides support. Bennington and Swanzey have Alexandria system. Catalog would be available online to patrons and web hosted. Alexandria and Atrium systems are options. Amy is getting quotes on both systems. Board agreed that Amy is authorized to purchase the most appropriate system.
- 85 children are involved in summer programs. Programs have been provided for all ages – toddlers through teens.
- Friends have donated Indieflix
- Booksale prep is going well with many books coming in
- Town safety committee toured library. Amy will follow up on recommendations of the committee.
- We need to move ahead with a new sign for the front of the library. Amy will check with Peter about the sign quotes. Board authorized Amy to move ahead with updated sign once she has information from the sign companies in Jaffrey and Keene.
Next meeting will be September 25 at 1 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 1:58 pm.