Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thursday December 5th at 7:00 PM

Howard Mansfield
Dwelling in Possibility: Searching for the Soul of Shelter

Howard Mansfield will be at the library to talk about his new book: Dwelling in Possibility: Searching for the Soul of Shelter. “Whenever I read Mansfield’s work I come away feeling not only informed, but expanded. His books don’t just sit on the surface of my mind, but enter it, giving me pause, inspiring me to think in new ways and invoking old conceptions, which surface in fresh form. And he does this with grace and humor, which makes it possible to digest the steady flow of ideas without feeling overwhelmed. “We are most at home,” Mansfield writes, “when we’re sheltered completely, body and soul.” Dwelling in Possibility is a shelter for the intellect, inviting, warm and true.” – Deb Baker, The Concord Monitor This program is free and open to all.

No comments: